A run-through our Dermatology services
Diagnosis of skin type (seborrheic skin, dry skin, sensitive skin)
Classification of aging and photo aging level
Treatment of hyperpigmentation
Treatment of acne and acne scarring
Treatment of scars and stretch marks
Dermatological Laser for the removal of moles, warts, milia and skin tags
Laser skin resurfacing – FCO₂
Mole Checking Services
Hyperpigmentation of the skin, such as dark growths and lesions, are called moles. Moles should be regularly checked, especially if they change in appearance. It is important to take into account the ABCDE rule.
1. Asymmetry: One half of the mole does not match the other half
2. Border: The border or edges of the mole are ragged or blurred
3. Colour: The mole has different colours such as black, blue, white, or red
4. Diameter: The diameter of the mole is larger than the diameter of a pencil
5. Evolving: The mole looks different from others and/or is changing in size, colour or shape.
Most moles are only cosmetic concerns and can be easily removed with a laser. It is imperative to have your moles checked by a dermatologist if you notice any of the above-mentioned changes. While most moles are benign and easily respond to the cosmetic procedure, moles that are recent developments and that change in size, shape or appearance need to undergo a biopsy to ensure there is no malignancy present. If there is a possibility that the mole is cancerous, the entire mole and a significant amount of surrounding skin must be surgically removed.